JK Paints acquires stake in Acro Paints

JK Paints and Coatings, thewholly-owned subsidiary of JK Cement, has entered into an agreement with AcroPaints for acquiring 60 per cent stake in the latter at an investment of `1.53-bn. This is subjectto regulatory approvals and conditions. The remaining 40 per cent stake shallbe acquired over 12 months.

Acro Paints is a zero debtcompany, situated in Bhiwadi, Alwar district in Delhi-NCR, with post expansioncapacity of 60,000KL in decorative and textured paints, and 6,700MT inconstruction chemicals. The ongoing capacity expansion is expected to becompleted by Q2FY24.

Acro’s revenues stood at `785-mn/`780-mn/`890-mn inFY20/FY21/FY22, respectively. The company targets revenue of `990-mn (+11 per cent Y-o-Y)in FY23E.

Its B2C sales stood at 89 percent in FY22. It has 50 brands in decorative paints including Textures; 40brands in construction chemicals, and >3,000 SKUs at various price-points.Acro’s promoters (Charanjeet Gaind and Ashok Gaind) will be associated with thecompany for the next one year.

Market experts believe that theacquisition will provide JK Paints an opportunity to foray into the growingvertical of construction chemicals and waterproofing products, which has acurrent market size of >`50-bn,growing at over 10 per cent p.a.

NEWS ----------SEPTEMBER 2018 Issue
Cygni Energy raises $6.4 Mn to power growth & expansion

Hyderabad-based Cygni Energy Pvt. Ltd., an innovative Solar-DC solutions start-up, has announced that it has raised funds of $6.4-mn through a combination of equity and debt. The equity funding is led by Endiya Partners, a leading early stage venture capital firm that invests in product start-ups, and the debt by IndusInd B   READ MORE...
Cosmos Solutions receives US$950-mn for new eco-friendly energy product
Cosmos Solutions Pvt. Ltd.’s patented new technology to generate more power from engines using micro controllers received a major green signal with a private equity of US$950-million from Linetrust Offshore Ltd. The Head of private equity of Linetrust ASEAN, Dr. Sailesh Lachu Hiranandani, who has spared no effort in promoting the development of renewable energy, assured Cosmos   READ MORE...
Black & Veatch bags IEDCL’s 41MW hybrid project
Black & Veatch has been selected to provide engineering expertise to IL&FS Energy Development Company Limited’s (IEDCL) 41 megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV), wind, and battery storage hybrid project in India. Core components of the project are 25 MW solar PV and 16 MW wind power generation systems, coupled to an optimised energy storage system.

Technical services for the